The moment we've been all waiting for is finally here! After three months of fierce competition among the 40* best projects on BNB Chain, it's time to meet the Top 10 Players of #MVBIII.
The last three months were exceptional for the whole BNB Chain ecosystem. What we've seen is impressive proof of dedication and hard work put into overcoming challenges and innovating new solutions.
In this article, we will introduce you to all the positive changes that MVBIII pushed to happen. At the BSC Core team, we're very enthusiastic and optimistic about the future of BNB Chain and its fantastic community, and we believe you'll share this view with us after finishing this article.
#MVBIII in August
- 150+ first-time participant projects joined MVB III in 6 categories
- Almost 200 projects who participated in the previous MVB editions have joined MVBIII.
- Participating projects grew on average by 70% across the different metrics (users, transactions, volume, etc.).
- BUIDL Program Rewards distributed $1.5 million in August; 3,656 BNB.
#MVBIII in September
- +79 total MVBIII participants in September.
- Participating projects grew on average by 40%+ across the different metrics (users, transactions, volume, etc.)
- Introduced MVB Incubation Program and the MVB Mentor Committee, containing 16 institutions.
- introduced the MVB Mentor Committee, containing 16 institutions
- MVB BUIDL Rewards, the exclusive gas fee rebate plan, distributed almost $1million; 2,052 BNB.
#MVBIII in October
- 245 total MVBIII participants
- Participating projects grew on average by 20% across the different metrics (users, transactions, volume, etc.)
- Published the MVB playbook for developers as guidance to the MVB program.
- Two Monthly Stars were awarded under the BSC's $100M Liquidity Incentive Program
- MVB BUIDL Rewards distributed over 2,800 BNB in October to more than 100 projects. This equals $1.82 million.d
November marked the official end of the data gathering period for the #MVBIII competition, and we stopped tracking participants' activity. On November 11, we announced the October Monthly Stars with 11 projects which closed the #MVBIII and brought the final number of competitors for the Top 10 to 43 projects. After final review, this number was reduced to 40 eligible projects. We will explain why further in the article.
Seven days later, we introduced a new, more decentralized concept to select the Top 10 #MVBIII projects. We announced the MVB Voting Committee consisting of media & influencers, investment institutions, universities, and previous MVB I and II winners. The committee members received NFT badges that allowed them to cast votes to their favorites and select the final Top 10.
Today is November 25, and it's finally time to meet the best ten projects of the Most Valuable Builder III: Beyond the Big Bang. Let's get into it!
#MVBIII Voting Explained
To bring more decentralization and democracy to MVB, we announced the Voting Committee consisting of 5 categories of members including the BSC team, Mentors & Universities, Investment institutions, previous MVB Top Players, and Media & KOLs. Each member of the committee received an NFT badge from Project Galaxy that enables them to vote. All committee members were asked to carefully and objectively review all participants and cast their votes to the top 10 projects they believe should win the MVBIII.
The voting is based on a weighted voting model. To ensure fairness of the selection and avoid vote manipulation and influence on the committee members, we have decided to protect the identity of some judges. This time we distributed a total of 30 NFT voting badges among 30 members of the committee.
The community raised suggestions about Project Galaxy being the provider of the voting infrastructure and NFT badges while also being one of the MVBIII competitors. We believe that this was valid feedback from the community, and after communicating with Project Galaxy, we agreed to exclude them from the #MVBIII Top 10 Players competition to protect the fairness of the voting process.
Here we would like to thank the Project Galaxy team, as the essential supporter of the MVB NFT voting infrastructure. They delivered excellently designed NFT badges to the BSC community and enabled this voting to happen. If Galaxy participated in the competition, they’d place third according to the number of received votes. We also thank the community for their valuable feedback and we’re looking forward to more suggestions.
At the end of the voting process, all valid voting power is counted and 10 projects with the highest votes are announced as the Top 10 #MVBIII winners.
The voting started on November 18 at 13:00 UTC and ended on November 25 at 13:00 UTC.
Final Top 10 winners of #MVBIII
Below are the 10 best projects picked from the 40 eligible Monthly Stars from August to October. The winners were decided by the voting committee according to the highest number of received votes.
Please note that Tranchess and BinaryX were excluded from the voting due to their listing on Binance.com, and Project Galaxy was excluded after mutual agreement.
- Zoo Crypto World is a GameFi metaverse that combines DeFi with GameFi. Battle against your foes, stake in pools, or enjoy action-packed fights.
- Thetan Arena is a free-to-play blockchain game from the MOBA genre (DOTA 2, League of Legends) with Battle Royale mode. Form teams with your friends, battle with others and earn money with just your skills.
- Gelato automates your smart contracts, outsources your Web3 DevOps needs, and provides the perks of the most reliable bot network to their partners. Gelato launched Sorbet Finance, a limit order DEX utilizing PancakeSwap's liquidity.
- MCDEX is the first fully permissionless decentralized exchange for trading perpetual contracts. MCDEX is a recipient of BSC's $100M Liquidity Incentive.
- Deri Protocol is the DeFi way to trade derivatives: to hedge, to speculate, to arbitrage, all on-chain. With Deri Protocol, trades are executed under the AMM paradigm, and positions are tokenized as NFTs, highly composable with other DeFi projects. Deri Protocol is a recipient of BSC's $100M Liquidity Incentive.
- Qubit Finance is a decentralized money market platform that takes advantage of the speed, automation, and security of the BNB Chain to connect lenders and borrowers efficiently and securely. Their unique and innovative xLP feature, which allows users to provide liquidity as an "A - B" pair to a swap service by borrowing asset "B" and by taking asset "A" as collateral.
- Radio Caca is the exclusive manager of Maye Musk Mystery Box (MPB) NFT and DeFi+GameFi vehicle for the USM Metaverse.
- Biconomy is a next-gen multichain relayer protocol building Plug & Play APIs to simplify the Web3 experience.
- Venly, previously known as Arkane Network, offers Wallet & NFT products that seamlessly integrate with blockchain projects and come with an intuitive user interface.
- DeBank offers a wallet that tracks your DeFi portfolio, provides DeFi explorer, compares DeFi rates, analyzes DeFi risk, and allows you to manage your DeFi assets directly. Everything-DeFi in one!
MVB Hall of Fame
To commemorate the most successful MVB projects, we want to announce the MVB Hall of Fame where all MVB participants listed on Binance.com have their place in the history of BSC.
This is the first time we present the Hall of Fame and we're thrilled you can meet its first members!
Follow us to stay updated on everything BSC!